We appreciate your interest in American International College of Arts and Sciences — Antigua (AICASA).
For applicants’ convenience, AICASA maintains a rolling admissions policy.
Most qualified applicants will have earned a high school diploma with a GPA of at least 2.8 based on a 4.0 system, and at least 1000 or 24 on the first two sections of the SAT or in total for the ACT, respectively.
All applicants from Caribbean Community (CARICOM) countries will have earned a high school diploma, fifth-form diploma or its equivalent, with a GPA of at least 2.8 based on a 4.0 system. The applicant must also have General or Technical CXC scores of 1 or 2 in at least four of the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. A score of 3 is allowed in one subject.
AICASA accepts college-level transfer credits from accredited institutions within the United States and/or from foreign institutions on a case-by-case basis. Transfer credits are evaluated by the Admissions Committee and are not guaranteed.
SAT and ACT scores from students from CARICOM and other foreign graduates are not required but encouraged.
AICASA’s curriculum is taught in English, and all accepted students must be proficient in English. AICASA's Admissions Committee may require a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score and/or require an Admissions Faculty interview from any applicant if it appears that English language proficiency could interfere with that student’s academic success at AICASA.
An international applicant who completes his or her required academic courses from an English-speaking academic institution will be exempt from this requirement.
Who needs to take the TOEFL or IELTS?
• All applicants who graduated from institutions located in countries where English is not the primary language, and/or:
• All applicants whose primary language is not English (this would include PuertoRico);
• Applicants who receive a request from the AICASA Admissions Committee. The Committee may request this if it appears that language could interfere with the student’s academic success at AICASA.
What are the current cutoff scores for these exams?
• The current overall cutoff score for the TOEFL is 109 (Internet-based total, or its equivalent on the Computer-based or Paper-based versions).
• The current overall cutoff score for the IELTS is 7.5 (overall band score).
In order for your application to be considered complete you must submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended.
- Two official letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an academic source.
- A personal statement explaining:
- Why you are considering a career in your chosen field of study.
- How you will be an asset to the college.
- Your accomplishments, activities, and any other information you feel is relevant.
- A non-refundable application fee of US$75 in the form of a US or Canadian-drawn check, or a money order made payable to the American International College of Arts and Sciences—Antigua.