We appreciate your interest in American International College of Arts and Sciences — Antigua (AICASA).
For applicants’ convenience, AICASA adheres to a rolling admissions policy.
Most qualified applicants will have earned a high school diploma with a GPA of 2.8 based on a 4.0 system and at least 1000 or 24 on the first two sections of the SAT or in total for the ACT, respectively.
All applicants from Caribbean Community (CARICOM) countries will have earned a high school diploma, fifth-form diploma or its equivalent, with a GPA of at least 2.8. The applicant must also have General or Technical CXC scores of 1 or 2 in at least four of the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. A score of 3 is allowed in one subject.
AICASA accepts college-level transfer credits from accredited institutions within the United States and/or from foreign institutions on a case-by-case basis. Transfer credits are evaluated by the Admissions Committee and are not guaranteed.
SAT and ACT scores from students from CARICOM and other foreign graduates are not required but encouraged.
AICASA’s curriculum is taught in English, and all accepted students must be proficient in English. If English is not your primary language, AICASA requires that you confirm your mastery of English by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Test System (IELTS).
Who needs to take the TOEFL or IELTS?
• All applicants who graduated from institutions located in countries where English is not the primary language; and/or
• All applicants whose primary language is not English (this would include Puerto Rico); and/or
• As requested by the AICASA Admissions Committee if it appears that language could interfere with the student’s academic success at AICASA.
What is the current cutoff score for these exam?
• The current overall cutoff score for the TOEFL is 109 (Internet-based total, or its equivalent on the Computer-based or Paper-based versions); and
• The current overall cutoff score for the IELTS is 7.5 (overall band score).
In order for your application to be considered complete you must submit the following:
- A Completed application form.
- Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended.
- Two official letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an academic source.
- A personal statement explaining:
- Why you are considering a career in your chosen field of study.
- How you will be an asset to the college.
- Your accomplishments, activities, and any other information you feel is necessary.
- A non-refundable U.S. $75 application fee in the form of a U.S. or Canadian-drawn check or money order made payable to the American International College of Arts and Sciences—Antigua.